Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Support the UN bid for Palestinian statehood!

It's been a few weeks since I've posted anything. I've been busy with school that I forget to post. I came across this article today on Palestinian statehood. It's from Fox News (a "news" organization that I loathe.)
I give you the following link, a transcript of an interview Sean Hannity did. I'd like to dismiss Hannity right now as another ignorant right wing conservative host. Firstly, Sean Hannity's argument is invalid. Hamas' charter, which does say that the Israeli state is illegitimate, is now considered by Hamas to be a "historical document" but is "no longer relevant." We could make this same case against Hannity's precious Bible. Even if the Palestinians did call for the destruction of Israel, the Israelis have been calling for the destruction of Palestine for centuries; isn't this thinking, then, a bit backwards? As far as the Palestinian response to the occupation goes, in a country with no army, no weapons, and no power, they are forced to take their only options to protect their land. (Do some research and read some Fanon, about the psychology of the colonized.)  Israeli does the same things (and worse!) to the Palestinians, but their terrorism and war crimes are legitimized. Something is not right! I hope you all are supporting the UN bid for statehood.

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/hannity/2011/09/20/how-does-palestines-statehood-ambitions-affect-israel-us

My heart is with the Palestinians as they make their bid for statehood!

No comments:

Post a Comment